This popular Bhutan cultural tour provides an in-depth view into the ancient way of life and rich culture that still thrives in Bhutan today through the western valleys of Paro, Haa, Thimphu, Punakha and Wangduephodrang. It is a well paced tour, designed to provide the opportunity to really savour the unique highlights of Bhutan’s western districts which offer diverse mountainous landscapes, a rich Buddhist heritage including monasteries, temples and chortens, historical fortresses and an extremely hospitable people. You will discover the vibrant history of Bhutan visiting the Ta Dzong Museum, Rimpong Dzong with its wooden cantilevered bridge and the infamous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest) in the beautiful Paro Valley.
Arrive Paro - Transfer to Thimphu
Welcome reception from the Team.
- Kichu Lhakhang -7th century Temple, one of the oldest in the Country.
- Dzong or the Fortress, 17th century built structures for both secular and monastic purposes.
- Dungtse Lhakang – 15th century temple. A very unique temple that packs a surprise to many guests.
Free time / Promenade at Town
Visit Bhutan’s Iconic Tiger’s Nest Monastery pinned on the mountain cliff.
After a long day’s hike, head for a traditional hot stone bath.
En route to Thimphu, the Capital City of the Nation.
- Buddha Dordema, a 177 ft / 54 m tall statue, sits atop the hill blessing the view of the valley.
- Visit the Memorial Chorten, dedicated in honor of the Third King.
- Visit the Takin Preserve, takin is the national animal of Bhutan.
Free Time / Promenade at Town.
Excursion to Punakha via Dochula ( Mountain Pass at 3100 m / 10000 ft )
- Chimi Lhakhang, temple dedicated to the “Divine Madman”, known for his alternative teachings of the dharma, or the unconventional ways.
- Visit Punakha Dzong, where most of the historical occasions took place. Also known as the Blissful Palace.
- Gangtey Goenpa. A 17th century temple that carries the Peling Tradition of the Buddhist school.
- Visit The Black Necked Crane center.
- Chendibji Chorten, built in the style of the Boudanath Stupa of Nepal.
- Trongsa Taa-Dzong Museum
- Trongsa Dzong, a main seat for the Powerful Chieftain back in the days.
The heartland of the the nation and the sacred sites, where Guru Padmasambhava first arrived to rescue the local King Sendu in the 8th century.
- Jambay Lhakhang, a 7th century temple.
- Kurjey Lhakhang, where the body imprint of Guru Peme Jungney is seen.
- Jakar Dzong, the fortress of the white bird.
- The Burning Lake
- Pema Choling Nunnery
- Tang Rimochen Lhakhang.
- Ogyen Choling Museum at Tang
- Lhodrak Kharchu Monastery
- Tamzhing Lhakhang
- Kencho Sum Lhakhang
- Padmasambhava Lhakhang
Bumthang Cultural Trail can be arranged. A scenic walk that takes you to all the temples involved in the valley.
Fly back to Paro.
- Drakarpo Goenpa, the Split-Rock temple. Caves associated with Guru Padmasambhava.
- National Museum
Farewell Dinner with the Team and recollecting memories of the trip.
Airport Drop. Homebound.